drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Say cheese!

Holy crap, I ate a lot of cheese today!

--a spoonful or two to taste the tomato sauce from my crock pot (okay, but I do prefer making it on the stove)
--one string cheese, one mini frittata
--salad: arugula and chicken and a tiny sprinkling of parmesan, 1 apple
--snacks! 6 triscuits (that's one serving) and cheddar cheese, plus the cheese/sausage off of 2.5 squares of pizza (I didn't eat the crust!)
--delicious dinner at a friend's -- ful medames (beans) with some rice (a moderate portion, though it was white), a half of a small piece of bread (VERBOTEN! but seriously it was a tiny amount), and some raw cabbage.

I had an end of season party with the girls I coach and I didn't eat any of their cookies (TORTURE!), plus I compromised by eating only the "legit" part of the pizza and skipping the doughy, white crust. Honestly, I don't feel like that was the healthiest choice, but it's important to stay as strong as possible with carbs until you pass the 4 or 5 day mark.

I was also babysitting for some friends who are great cooks. They are always kind enough to feed me before I watch the kids and today was no exception. The ful they made was so good (and it was beans, so it's legit) and I had some rice (not a huge amount) and the tiniest taste of bread. I did not eat any halloween candy, despite it being plentiful. And honestly, I didn't want it that badly.

Despite a LOT of temptations, I think I did pretty well. Not perfect, but good enough for me to be happy. Onward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home