drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Today was hard.

I had felt pretty strong on the no sugar front, but today, the sugar headache came. It wasn't that bad, but I definitely noticed and I might have killed for a piece of chocolate, had I been of a slightly weaker will. Instead, I made another glass of tea, I walked around the office, I tried to distract myself. I ate some more cheese.

I was stuck late at the office for an evening meeting, so I decided to treat myself to Chipotle for dinner. Is this healthy? Hard to say, but I'm not complaining.

--heaping tablespoon of peanut butter with ground flax and 3 walnuts (this is so good!) plus a small glass of milk
--an apple
--tea with milk
--3 small turkey meatballs over a bed of arugula
--more tea (herbal and sort of "sweet")
--a string cheese
--Chipotle salad -- lettuce, fajita peppers and onions, black beans (more than the 4 oz. listed as a serving on the Chipotle website, but less than 8 oz for sure), a little cheese, some tomato salsa, and some spicy salsa. I also added some of that green tabasco, which is my favorite thing ever. Is that full of sugar? I have no idea. Because of that, the dressing was totally unnecessary.
--a few bites of spaghetti squash (maybe 3. I was testing for doneness and wanted a little taste.)
--half of a portion of tofu pudding (about 1/4 cup)

After I make it a full week, I am going to reward myself with a super dark (and modestly low sugar) bar of chocolate. If it's good enough, just a square will do. But first I have to make it a few more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home