drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nothing exciting about a Thursday, aka I am bad at writing blog titles.

My peanut butter breakfast kept me quite full this morning, and I was grateful for that. I also ate a nice lunch of spaghetti squash. It was so good, but I packed a generous amount so I didn't finish it the first time around. Instead, I saved the rest for an afternoon snack. Is spaghetti squash really low(er) carb? It seems so decadent, I can hardly believe it.


--tablespoon of peanut butter with flax and 3 walnuts
--spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and turkey meatball, 1 radish with hummus
--(finished the above as a snack)
--apple (needed something before my run!)
--squash soup, broccoli, cabbage
--apple with some cheese (evening snack), a few bites of spaghetti squash

I ate a pretty light dinner and I ran 3.5 miles, so I was really hungry when I got home. My neighbor made some delicious smelling pumpkin bread, but I settled for an apple with some cheddar. It was really good!

All in all, a successful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home