drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Race day!

Today I ran a 5k with some awesome pre-teen girls! I ate one of my muffins for breakfast, since it was an easy grab and go item. I was super hungry while we were waiting for the race to start and fortunately (maybe?) I had thought to grab a think thin bar the last time I was at the store. They are supposedly sugar free, but I'd like to do some more investigating to see what exactly it was that I ate.

--choco-carrot muffin
--think thin chocolate fudge bar
--post race meal: 3 egg omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and a little cheddar
--tea with another muffin (no self control, I know)
--some spaghetti squash with a little butter
--greek salad with chicken, no cheese, and tzatziki, 3 greek fries
--at a party: couple pieces of raw zucchini and some sort of dip, small glass of red wine, small glass of white wine
--cheddar with 6 triscuits

It's also worth noting that I turned down many bagels, bananas, and cookies available to me at the race. Didn't really sound good. I have to remember that sugar is okay if I save it for things that really count. Like last night's pecan shortbread! Still thinking about that one today, so clearly a good choice.

I also went to a party and avoided all verboten snacks. Not really a big deal! Though I do admit to eating 3 of mt boyfriend's fries at dinner. I think that's pretty okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home