drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Monday, November 14, 2011

And on the 8th day, there was bacon.

This day started out pretty healthy.

--1 choco-carrot-raspberry muffin
--1 poached egg, garlicky kale
--salad: lettuce, arugula, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, lime juice, olive oil
--string cheese

Then, I got a call from a friend invited me to a 6 course bacon-themed dinner. With cocktail pairings. Uh oh. But when the call of bacon comes, you've got to take it. I ate:

--some crispy/fried pork belly with sweet potato chips
--pancetta with scallops and pear compote
--sweetbreads with candied bacon and parsnip puree
--rabbit loin wrapped in bacon
--pork cheeks with glazed vegetables
--spoonful of lemon sorbet (it was a palate cleanser)
--chocolate with bacon

I did not eat the peanut butter semifreddo part of my dessert, nor did I eat more than one small bite of bread. With all of that other food, it just wasn't worth it. I am SURE I consumed a lot of sugar, especially in the countless cocktail pairings I consumed, but all in all, I did okay. Plus, I ran 3.5 miles in preparation, so hopefully that balanced it out a little...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home