drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday!! One week down!

Okay, this day started out great because I hopped on the scale and found that I lost THREE (3) pounds already! I started a week ago and am already reaping the rewards. This totally energizes me and makes me miss the sweets a little less. This is so worth it!

I was also starving, so I did something dumb and immediately ate two of my choco-carrot muffins. Oops!

--2 choco-carrot muffins
--2 poached eggs, garlicky kale
--another muffin (had to try one!)
--spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and one turkey meatball
--one dark and stormy, carrots with pico
--6 triscuits
--a little of my famous asian chicken/brown rice hot pot

I also tried my hand at baking again, this time with less success. I used less oil and more stevia in those choco-carrot muffins, but I also threw some raspberries in the mix and I don't know if it quite worked. It wasn't quite sweet enough and they were a little too mushy, but still not terrible.

I also got snacky when I got home from an evening meeting, so I ate some triscuits. That would have been fine, but shortly after, my big pot of asian chicken came out of the oven and I just had to eat some of that too. I definitely went over my personal goal of two carb servings a day - but I guess I'm technically still within the three servings guideline put forth by sugar busters. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Those muffins are mostly carrots with a little oatmeal thrown in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home