drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Banality.

I am getting really good at this!

--poached egg
--pear
--chicken hot pot, salad with lettuce, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, lime
--string cheese
--few spoonfuls of hummus
--small bowl of chicken soup; butternut squash and sausage bake (this was amazing), some mozzarella cheese
--a small bowl of soup at a birthday party: greens, meat, broth, 1 rice noodle
--a bite of a peanut butter cookie
--mug of warm milk

I BAKED peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for the party. They were the real kind, with plenty of sugar. However, I ate no batter. This has never happened before in the history of my cooking. When I got to the party, there were at least 3 varieties of peanut butter cookies. I decided to try one that was not my own. I took a small bite and really didn't like it. If I am going to eat something sweet, it better be awesome (like chocolate with bacon on it) and this was not. I gave the rest to my boyfriend and felt no guilt.

I am definitely doing a lot of prep work at home these days. I wonder if I was a little busier if I would be able to maintain this as strictly as I have been. Next week I'll have some major hurdles and I'm curious to see how they'll go. In just one week I will have a pre-Thanksgiving feast; a houseguest (who enjoys delicious foods) for four days; a pie making party; and Thanksgiving proper. It's a daunting task, but I believe myself to be up for it. I've already decided that I can eat whatever I want on Thanksgiving (though I intend to go for a long run that morning). I will also allow myself to have one dessert (better be a good one) at the pre-Thanksgiving feast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home