drinking the green kool-aid

Green kool-aid is how I like to describe the cult-like experience of raw food, or really any crazy diet. People always seem half-fascinated and half-horrified by my commitment to cleaning my colon, so I thought I'd share my experiences in excruciating detail. As with any train wreck, it's hard to look away. Nonetheless, I've managed to pick up some comrades along the way, as a result of my dear friends' curiosity and solidarity. Others interested in drinking the green kool-aid, holla.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

--poached egg
--string cheese
--salad with greens, avocado, chicken salad, egg salad; toasted tomato soup
--few bites of squash/sausage thing from the other night
--book club feast of: veggie chili; veggies with couscous; green salad with squash, walnuts, and apple; wild rice salad; CHEESE; 3 crackers; a (delicious) small brownie (!)
--oh yeah, and a couple of glasses of red wine

So, book club had lots of good food. I had the eat the brownie and boy, was it good. So worth it, unlike that cookie from the other day. The problem was, once I ate it, all I could think about was wanting more. But I managed. No one needs to eat a pan of brownies.

I definitely ingested some carbs, but other than the 3 forbidden crackers, I definitely stayed within my two 1/2-cup servings of grains per day. In fact, I probably only ate a little more than one serving. However, I definitely ate way more cheese than I should have, and probably more food than I should have in general.

I've been sticking to this okay, but I have definitely eaten a lot this week. I have low expectations for my weigh in on Sunday. Still, I must persevere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home